Log in and follow the steps to verify your identity under “my verified account”. You'll need your mobile phone for second-factor authentication.
Enter the details from your:
- NZ passport issued after 2004
- NZ citizenship certificate issued after 2004
- NZ birth details, or
- NZ immigration details.
You’ll get an application number by email and text. We'll also let you know if there's any other ID you need to bring with you to the PostShop or store.
Go into a participating PostShop or store within 14 days to get your free photo taken.
The participating store will send your photo to the Department of Internal Affairs, who'll check your details against official records, like:
- your passport and citizenship record
- birth, death and marriage records
- immigration databases
- and sometimes also from driver licences, firearms licences or 18+ cards.
You’ll be contacted within five working days to confirm if your identity is verified.